Preconference Leadership Workshops
LeadHERShift Lab: Tactical Skills For Positioning For Promotion and Profit
This masterclass is a continuation of the highly acclaimed six-part webinar series LeadHERShift. The LeadHERShift Lab is designed for women interested in advancing their career, creating new connections and driving stronger results. This interactive lab will sharpen your expertise and talents to produce greater impact and broaden your influence.
During this interactive workshop participants will learn and demonstrate strategies to refine their personal brand messaging while role playing scenarios, working in small groups, and interacting with other association leaders and executives. Attendees will participate in group discussions around challenges and barriers that can exist in order to improve your influence and impact as a leader. Association leaders and executives will learn to foster powerful relationships, and tackle ssues impacting women aspiring to LeadHERShift.
- Takeaway: Participants will examine common challenges and barriers that can exist in order to enhance influence and impact as a leader.
- Takeaway: Participants will create and refine brand messaging while role playing scenarios to improve your personal brand.
- Takeaway: Participants will learn strategies and demonstrate techniques to improve how to determine your worth, understand potential barriers, confidentially negotiate, argue persuasively, and recognize the different components of negotiation.
Aimee Sanchez, PhD, consultant
Building High-Performing Boards for The Turbulent Twenties
Welcome to The Turbulent Twenties! Over the next 120 months, we will all experience the multidimensional impact of comprehensive societal transformation, a potent dynamic that has been reshaping our world since the beginning of this century. The Turbulent Twenties will challenge us to ask and answer existential questions about what makes us human, the extent of our commitment to other people and whether we are prepared to sacrifice to survive.
These unforgiving conditions make it crucial for association boards to perform different work in a different way at the highest possible level. This intensive workshop will provide participants with both fresh insights to shift board thinking and powerful next practices to build new board capacity. By helping them nurture a generative integration of stewardship, governing and foresight, participants will enable their boards to strengthen performance and earn their associations an opportunity to thrive in the demanding decade ahead.
- Takeaway: Implement a 120-day roadmap to nurture a more generative integration of stewardship, governing and foresight.
- Takeaway: Strengthen board conversations about the future of governing by using fresh insights on The Turbulent Twenties.
- Takeaway: Reorient the work of boards toward the future by applying the practice of foresight.
Jeff De Cagna, executive adviser, Foresight First LLC
8:00 - 5:00 p.m.
The Association Law Symposium is the premiere event for association legal professionals and senior-level association executives who need to stay up to date on legal and regulatory matters relevant to associations today. Join subject-matter experts and engage with peers to explore a variety of topics with legal implications.
- Review updates on legislative developments, regulatory changes, and court precedents and determine how they are likely to affect your association’s day-to-day operations and long-term strategic planning.
- Learn strategies for addressing legal concerns from both legal and association professional perspectives.
- Evaluate critical and evolving legal issues at both the state and national level.
- Examine current best practices to avoid legal liability.
- Develop a network of in-house or outside counsel and senior-level association executives.
Registration for this workshop is separate from Annual Meeting registration. Click here to register.
Friday, August 7 - Saturday, August 8
AMCs Engaged! is tailored to meet the unique challenges of the AMC community and help professionals prepare for the changing business landscape. Whether you're part of the leadership team of an experienced association management company or a new owner navigating the first few years, you can join your peers as we explore issues and challenges. During the sessions, hear emerging trends affecting the future of work, best-practice company experiences, and the latest research. Your time will be enhanced by making connections with other professionals that provide management solutions.
The AMCs Engaged! meeting is offered as a pre-conference program prior to the ASAE Annual Meeting. This collaboration provides educational and networking opportunities that are not available through other sources and allows AMC members to gain insightful knowledge and make contacts that provide value year around.
Thank you to our host:
Separate registration fee required.
If you are already registered and would like to add a preconference to your registration,
please email us at: ASAEservice@asaecenter.org.