What Is Coaching?
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as "partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential."
Coaching is different from other types of mentoring or training, the ICF notes: "Professional coaching focuses on setting goals, creating outcomes and managing personal change."
Individual coaching sessions will be offered onsite during the ASAE Annual Meeting and Exposition, August 5-8, 2023. All coaching appointments will be conducted at the Georgia World Congress Center in rooms A401 - A403.
Each appointment only, 60-minute 1:1 session is confidential and may cover a variety of topics based on your needs, including:
- Confidential and candid review of your resume and career portfolio material
- Advice on how to address any career-focused areas of concern
- Guidance on the career search process
- Developing a roadmap for career success
- How to build your personal brand
Types of Coaching Offered
- Executive Coaching - Coaching for top-level managers to improve strategic decision-making, leadership, and executive presence.
- Career and Leadership Development Coaching - Coaching for people at all organizational levels who want to find a job, transition to the next rung on the career ladder, change careers, develop leadership skills, or get back into the job market after a break from work.
- Personal Development Coaching - Coaching that deals with the client's life in all its dimensions – personal life, professional life, health, and relationships. Often life coaches will help a client with work-related goals, but will also make sure to take the other aspects of a client’s life into consideration.
- Resume/LinkedIn Review & Enhancement – Work with a certified coach to review and enhance your resume and cover letter or LinkedIn profile for maximum impact.
- Interview Skills Development – Whether you are interviewing for positions now or just want to brush up on techniques and strategies for future opportunities, work with a certified coach to develop interview skills that make you stand out from the crowd.
What to Expect
- Give you a safe space to have a confidential conversation
- Treat you with respect
- Offer unbiased opinions and professional insight, and guide you to helpful resources
- Give you tips to leverage current skills in new ways and/or gain new skills
Coaches will not:
- Provide therapy or give you detailed direction on key life decisions
How to prepare for a coaching session
- Think about what influenced your decision to make a professional coaching appointment
- Be prepared to share what you hope to gain from the experience
- Be honest
- Come with an open mind
- Be prepared to listen
- Appointment scheduling is through the Attendee Service Center.
- Appointments are granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Please be on time for your appointment. We are unable to accommodate individuals who arrive late.
- No refunds will be granted for late or missed appointments.
HOW-TO ADD TO YOUR EXISTING REGISTRATION:
- Login to Registration Service Center using the credentials provided in your registration confirmation email
- Click UPDATE YOUR REGISTRATION
- Click EDIT next to your name
- Proceed through the form by clicking CONTINUE until Registration Fees & Package page
- Select COACHING SESSION and then CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen
- Select the preferred coach and time you would like (click on the name of any speaker to review their bio!)
- Click CONTINUE to proceed to the REGISTRATION SUMMARY page – please review to ensure the right coach and time have been selected!
- Need to make a change? Simply click the BACK button until you arrive back on the Coaching session selection page
- After final review, CONTINUE to the Payment Information page to submit your payment for the coaching session and submit your updated registration
- You will receive an email from the Coaching Program Team with details closer to the event